Food Africa Webinar
Join The Conversation
The agro-food sector in Egypt is a key contributor to the local economy. In fact, Egypt’s retail food sector size is around $15 billion, and experts foresee growth of 15-20% over the next five years.
The country’s fast-growing food market is also translating into greater emphasis on the importance of food safety throughout the food value chain and the protection of consumer health. This is especially evident now during the COVID-19 pandemic which has posed a serious health hazard worldwide.
Food Africa & pacproccess MEA webinars, part of the IFP Group Webinar Series, aim to address the challenges and opportunities that recent global developments present in the agro-food and packaging sectors. The webinars will bring together leading food industry experts to share insights, highlight emerging opportunities, explore new technologies, and lay down the way forward.
Food Safety Management – Hygienic Production and Packaging of Food
Date: Tuesday, August 18th, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM Cairo (GMT+2)
Registration: Free of charge
The webinar will give you the chance to:
- Gain insights into Food Safety Management from the manufacturer’s perspective, especially as it relates to the impacts on the brand
- Understanding the importance of incorporating safety along the entire food value chain, with a close look at packaging as a catalyst for food safety
- Learning the benefits of various international standards and best practices such as the Codex Alimentarius, HACCP and GMP
- Exploring the impact of technology in enhancing packaging and food safety through the use of Automation, Advanced Robotics, Hygienic Plants, Track & Trace and more
Eng. Ashraf Gazayerli, Chairman, Chamber of Food Industries (CFI), Egypt
- Karsten Ollesch, Sales Director and Authorized Officer, Glass GmbH & Co.
- Eng. Ahmed Gaber, Chairman, Egyptian Chamber of Printing & Packaging Industries
- Dr. Hussein Mansour, Chairman, National Food Safety Authority (NFSA), Egypt